Keep your machine up-to-date.
Periodically, updates will become available that will fix minor glitches or add exciting enhancements to your machine. Check back regularly to make sure that you are up-to-date.
But don’t worry. If there are important updates, we will notify you. That is why it is so important for you to fill out your registration cards and send us your name, address, phone number and email address.
QuickSilver/RapidKey Firmware – 09-14-2017
QuickSilver Update – 09-25-2017
RapidKey Update – 09-25-2017
How to update your QuickSilver direct from the tablet on your machine.
Step 1 – Remove old firmware from tablet
Open File Manager (Top Left) – if it is not on your home screen, open the app browser and open it from there (Bottom Middle).
Browse to INTERNAL STORAGE → Download then press and hold the firmware.hex file – it will highlight blue
Press the trashcan in the top right and press OK to confirm the file will be deleted
Step 2 – Change the tablet’s WiFi connection to your desired network
Go to the HOME screen and click on the SETTINGS icon
You will see a list of available WiFi in your area. Press on desired Wi-Fi connection.
Step 3 – Download and install the new software and firmware
- Open ‘Chrome’ and browse to: http://www.hudsonlock.net/rapidkey-update.html
- Press on the newest available version of the software and/or firmware to download
- Open File Manager (Top Left) – if it is not on your home screen, open the app browser and open it from there (Bottom Middle).
- Press INTERNAL STORAGE → Download → RapidKey.7000.1.0.0-XXX.apk
- You will be prompted to install the update – Press INSTALL
- Once the update is complete, press DONE.
- Return to the home screen and repeat step 2, selecting your machine’s WiFi Network instead – It will look like ‘RapidKeyXXXXX’ or ‘QuickSilverXXXXX’ where the XXXXX is your machine’s serial number.
- You can now start the RapidKey app and run the updated through SETUP → Update Firmware